SHE online school manual
What is the purpose of the manual?
The SHE online school manual will:
- provide you with an introduction to health promoting schools;
- support you in becoming a health promoting school, or;
- support you in improving an existing health promoting school.
For whom is the manual?
The manual is for school management and teachers who are involved in the development of school health programmes and policy in the primary and secondary school setting.
The information may also be helpful to those involved in national health promoting school policy development and for use in other academic settings.
Why should you become a health promoting school?
Promoting health in your school can support you in reaching your school’s educational, social and staffing objectives. The advantages of a health promoting schools are:
- better learning achievements;
- better health of students;
- better care for students;
- better school atmosphere;
- higher job satisfaction;
- acting more efficiently;
- better school image.